Run - don't walk in the other direction. Any one of the 30 other furniture stores on Rte 110 in Farmingdale is a better option than the inept, dishonest and poorly trained customer service people at THE PLACE in Farmingdale......

Ordered a cocktail table and coffee table in Feb 2010. Told 4-6 weeks for delivery. Inquired each month and each time I was forced to tell my story and given a different run around. Asked to speak to a manager. Told one would call back. No one EVER did. I was told this MANY, MANY Times!!! Finally in May, I called and spoke to a customer service rep who told me that he would cancel my order and that I needed to come into the store to get my refund (stupidly - I paid the deposit in cash). I told him I would do that when I got a chance because I live 30 miles away. He said there was no other option. They could not mail me a check.

This morning- the warehouse calls to tell me my furniture has arrived....even though I cancelled it. I called the store (put on hold forever), and am now told than I must come in with the PINK paper which is my contract to "cancel" the order and they will mail me a check. No cash back. I ask if I can scan and email it. Annoyed at no cash back, I don't want to drive 30 miles to drop off a piece of paper but they tell me they can't process my refund without the original (thank goodness I have it, apparently all would be lost if I didn't). if they can process the refund if I fax or scan and email the copy and then, when I come in to drop off the original the check would be prepared. They are inflexible. None of these options are do-able. They need the pink copy of the contract to start the process and no other option will do. I need to drive the 30 miles to drop it off or the process cannot be started to process my refund. They say I can mail it, but I don't dare...It will get "lost" and I'll be out my $350. This is all after THEY failed to abide by the contract which is written on this dumb pink piece of paper that says they will deliver in 4-6 weeks.

Spoken to 4 different people. No manager will EVER get on the line. Inflexible. Rude. NEVER deliver when they say they will.....STAY AWAY if you don't want to be frustrated and ripped off.......

Had an Experience with The Place Furniture?

Comments

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF NO GOOD BASTARDS THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY SUCKS . EVERY SON OF A *** ON 110 HAS FILED CHAPTHER 11 AND *** THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS OUT OF THEIR DEPOSITS FROM THOSE BASTARDS AT ASHLEY RAYMOOR AND FLANAGAN AND THAT NO GOOD SONOF A *** AUCTIONEER ROY PREAGER THAT RA T ***